Multicultural Engineering Program
The Colorado School of Mines' Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP) was established in 1989. Over the years, MEP has played a significant role in promoting the ongoing commitment Mines has to create a more diverse and inclusive learning community. We work to enroll, retain, and graduate under-represented students, and continue to build a community of support through our many partnerships and advocacies.
What is Engineering?
NSF video featuring Multicultural Engineering Students: KC Agwu (B.S. Chemical Engineering, 2016), Brittany Sandoval (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2016), and Demi Awolaja (B.S. Environmental Engineering, 2017)
MEP offers the following opportunities and programs:
- Leadership opportunities within professional societies;
- Academic support - MEP/CASA tutors;
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities;
- Professional development;
- WIRED: Work/Interview, Resume/Experience Day - Career Fair Preparation;
- Scholarship search assistance;
- Networking with industry and community representatives for internship and employment opportunities;
- Annual MEP Banquet honoring graduating students.