The Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP) was established at the Colorado School of Mines in 1989. Over the last 28 years, MEP has played a significant role in promoting the ongoing commitment Mines has to create a more diverse and inclusive learning community. We work to enroll and graduate under-represented students, and continue to build a community of support through our many partnerships and advocacies.
MEP supports the following professional societies:
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (oSTEM)
- Society of Asian Scientist and Engineers (SASE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
For enrollment data and demographic statistics, visit the Institutional Research site at ir.mines.edu.