The Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP) was established at the Colorado School of Mines in 1989. Over the last 27 years, MEP has played a significant role in promoting the ongoing commitment Mines has to create a more diverse and inclusive learning community. We work to enroll and graduate under-represented students, and continue to build a community of support through our many partnerships and advocacies.
MEP supports the following professional societies:
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society (AISES)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (oSTEM)
- Society of Asian Scientist and Engineers (SASE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
For more information about MEP programs and services, visit: Programs.
MEP programming, support services, academic and social activities are open to ALL Mines students.